|Based on evolutionarily primitive characteristics, including a small brain, but also some more progressive features, such as long leg bones, the scientists thought that the fossils could date to as much as 2.5 million years ago. This would place H|
|Researchers used two methods to try and date the new fossils. For instance ... In addition, the scientists used the radioactive elements to date a thin sheet of rock that had been deposited just above the fossils by water flowing through the cave. A|
|It can only be used if the material isn't exposed to light, leading some paleontologists to cover up samples as they work. That's the method that James Paces of the US Geological Survey used to date mammoth bones from Snowmass, Colorado, a site where |
|Mystacodon selenensis, found in Peru, is the oldest known cousin of modern baleen whales and offers unprecedented evolutionary insights.|
|The fossil remains were discovered by San Diego Natural History Museum paleontologists during routine paleontological mitigation work at a freeway expansion project site managed by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans). The bones|
|A new technique makes it possible to cost-effectively analyse genetic material from fossil plant and animal remains. Researchers have used this technique to |
|Mastodon bones recovered from a site in San Diego appear to dramatically revise the timeline for when humans first reached North America. The bones, tusks |
|Scientists found DNA from ancient humans in the soil of caves — even when there were no bones uncovered at the site. The research shows that, even when no fossils are around, sediments inside caves can tell us which early humans were present where |
- 36m-year-old fossil discovery is missing link in whale evolution, say researchers
- News about ancient humanity: Humans in California 130000 years ago? Homo naledi find is much younger than ...
- New Evidence of Mysterious Homo naledi Raises Questions about How Humans Evolved
- Parametric Portfolio Associates LLC Boosts Position in IAC/InterActiveCorp (IAC)
- Researchers find Homo naledi fossils are younger than initially thought
- 'Emily Watson and Ben Chaplin have zero chemistry!' Viewers watching new BBC thriller Apple Tree Yard say they're ...
- 36m-year-old fossil discovery is missing link in whale evolution, say ...
- Distil Networks Acquires Are You A Human In The Ongoing Battle Against Bots
- Researchers in Brunei reveal ancient fossil findings
- Fossil Of The Oldest Predecessor Of Buckthorn Flower Discovered In Argentina